11 July, 2012
Thai Corn Fritters recipePosted in : Recipes on by : Liao Chou
Thai Corn Fritters recipe
(Khoa Powd Tod)
We eat corn in everything! You will find it in desserts for it sweetness, in soups and like here, in snacks. In Bangkok, in front of the university, there are many little food stalls to feed the hungry students, including corn fritter stalls. This is one of the few Thai dishes that isn’t spicy.
100 gms Corn Kernels (Maize)
1 Tablespoon Corn Flour
1 Tablespoon Wheat Flour
1 Tablespoon Cassava Starch
120 ml Water
1 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
200 ml Oil
Flat Frying Pan
1. Mix all the corn flour, wheat flour and cassava starch together with the water in a mixing bowl. You can use a ready mix batter if you prefer.
2. Add the salt, pepper and corn kernels and mix.
3. Put the oil into the frying pan and preheat the pan over a medium heat.
4. When the oil is hot take a tablespoon of the mixture and drop it into the pan to make a circular fritter.
5. Fry it for a minute on each side until it is golden brown.
Serve With: Sweet Chicken Sauce Cucumber